Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun Things We Will Do

The following is a list of fun things Tressa, Keaton, and I will be doing in Philadelphia when they come and visit me, if they want to do them because they don't have to if they don't want to. I will add to the list as I think of other things. The truth is, things have kept coming to me over the past few months, and I don't want to forget them. So we'll do this stuff:

  1. Visit Love Park and take a picture by the fountain
  2. Have a frosty lemonade (made by Magic Bullet) on my back porch, admiring my garden which has basil and tomatoes and stuff
  3. Have a frosty lemonade (or smoothie) on my deck
  4. Eat hot dogs we make ourselves on the roof at night, and be like, this is a cool view, because you can see the Philadelphia skyline really well from my roof; be careful getting back down because it's dangerous
  5. Buy one of those apple/pear hybrids at the Chinese Market
  6. Go running in the morning next to the Schuylkill River up to the museum and maybe even to the boathouses with bandanas on our heads and no shirts (except for Tressa)
  7. Watch a movie at the giant screen at Penn's Landing after dark some night with like thousands of other people, so it's like a big outdoor picnic with a movie
  8. Go to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where they are having a Renoir exhibit (don't know if it will still be there, but something will be -- and they have a really good modern art thing with sound and everything which I like)
  9. Buy enormous sandwiches at 4th Street Deli, where I buy lots of sandwiches lots of times and which is better than any other deli that there is, but it's kind of expensive
  10. Tell stories about what we did this year, like I will tell my funny stories about school that I didn't blog about (I didn't blog that often)
  11. The Friday before Keaton gets here, take the MegaBus up to New York and see a show since Tressa has never been to New York and MegaBus is cheap and I don't think Keaton really wanted to go to New York (he's already been there)
  12. Put Milk Duds and roasted peanuts in our mouths at the same time because that is delicious and I just invented it the other day
  13. Go to Church and finally I'll be the one with visitors
  14. Have a delicious Philadelphia cheese steak sandwich at Pat's or Geno's or Jim's or all three
  15. Have some water ice from Rita's, and hopefully I'll have found my punch-card by then and we'll get a free one
  16. Maybe see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and stuff, if you want, or the Constitution Center which I hear is nice
  17. Go to Rittenhouse Square and see all the people there that are interesting to see, and the dogs there which own the place; I will explain how I walk through there every day
  18. Make our own frozen yogurt concoction at a yogurt place I know
  19. Go to a delicious BYOB or other eatery of which I know...maybe TRIA or that place with devils all over it
  20. Practice our French
  21. Et cetera



5 comments:

gramakaren said...

What a fun itinerary! I got to do items 14, 15, and 16... :)
While you are all together, plan an itinerary for Spain, okay? Keaton's friend has given him a list of "must see" things in Barcelona. We'll let Jaron plan the fun times in Paris. And Gregan, do a bit of research so that we can see things around Oxford that might be new to even you! Although we do expect you to take us to the important sites you've already checked out... :)

Phineas Jalyper said...

what is water ice? Is it... ice? I can't wait! especially numbers 2-4, 8, 15, and 20!
For the record, Keaton loves new york city. I don't remember being contrary to going... but if you guys decide to go before I get there it's true that I won't care.
partie à Philadelphie!

Gancito del Lago said...

Sounds fun, but don't forget the pigeon sweeper! That's the best part of philadelphia!

Damian said...

No wonder no one comes to visit me. I got nothin on Philly. Sounds like a blast, have fun.

Brighton Signers said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited! All of it sounds great. :D See you on Thursday night!