Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter! Eat'er! Eat who? An animal made of meat!

Boy, I tell you, those grabby headlines are not as easy as they look.

Tomorrow, as you may know, is Easter. That means today marks the end of Lent. For those of you who may not have heard, I decided to observe Lent this year, as I was starting to run out of things to blog about.

But what to give up? Well, I have had a long line of vegetarian roommates, and I was always like, "what's that about?" so I went vegetarian for Lent. Now, as I reflect on 40 days of getting my protein from just eating eggs (I wasn't that hard-core) and beans, I find myself slightly more enlightened.

Like, for example, you know when we vegetarians say, "that looks so barbaric" when you have a slab of sirloin or BBQ sandwich on your plate? That is because it smells so freaking good. It is a survival tactic, like in high school when you told the hottest girl you knew she looked fat so that you would kind of be on equal footing. You are sparring with your natural predator and telling him things that aren't true so that he feels self-conscious.

Anywho, it will be good to be back among my carnivorous comrades once more...let the ravenous rumpus start!!



aarrwwooooo!! w-w- arwooooo!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

welcome back to the dark (or white, whichever you fancy) side.

Damian

Devon and Alicia said...

I insist you come over and let me administer a Med-Rare sirloin I.V. to help normalize your rumpus levels. No wild rumpus ever started with tofu and black beans.

gramakaren said...

You wild thing, you!! Love the picture...
Congrats for your faithful sacrifice...
'Can't wait for a party on the 23rd!

Gancito del Lago said...

What happens on the 23rd? Is that when I graduate? Eat an animal on my behalf!

Anyways, congratulations on your meatless adventure, I was eating meat like it was going out of style, all Lent long. I wonder if our cholesterol levels are different?